Friday, June 8, 2012

Girls Camp 2012

Well, Girls Camp 2012 was a success. Hillaree Mann and I were camp directors this year in the Farr West 8th Ward. This was my second year being a camp director but last year was pretty simple cause it was a stake camp. This year required a lot more responsibility and creativity. We had 13 wonderful girls go to camp this year from our ward. We went to the Maple Hills Campsite in Mantua, Utah and we were there from June 4th-8th. We didn't have any injuries or girl drama so life was pretty good. The only crazy thing that happened was that it snowed in the afternoon the first day we were there.

This year's theme was "Rise Above." So I made this wonderful analogy with a pink balloon and made all the other girls blow one up too.



We had 3 first years that were wonderful! I knew them pretty well from teaching them when they were in our 11 yr old primary class that Preston and I taught.


Speaking of Preston, he saved the day by bringing up a bunch of extra blankets and coats after it started snowing so the girls didn't freeze to death. Preston and Travis (pictured below) spent the night in the kitchen area and woke up early and fixed us all breakfast.


And here is the lovely Jayda. She is very serious about not getting her hair wet because water in the hair = fro = hrs of time to get hair under control again. She's hilarious. I just love her.


Here's our big group pic on the hike we went on the day after it snowed. The weather was actually just right for a hike. We hiked all around a lake (it was flat ground hiking which we all liked).


Here is the view of the lake from the campsite.


There was a volleyball court at the camp and the girls played regular volleyball and balloon volleyball.


We also did some tie dying.




Emma, Jade, and Jayda. These girls are some of my favs!



We played some "Minute to Win it" games and one involved toilet paper.


Here are the girls preparing for "skit night." Things got rather silly.


I had to smile when I got this thank you card a couple weeks after camp :)


No comments:

Post a Comment