Sunday, January 30, 2011

The greatest show on earth

This weekend I decided we needed go do something fun and different. Lately I feel like we have just been in "survival" mode. Both of us working or going to school all day, then me doing homework at night and falling into bed just to do it all over again the next day.

When I heard the circus was in town I I jumped at the chance. What was even better was that I found a buy one get one free ticket at the Animal Hospital when I was working on Saturday that no one wanted. Score. I quickly texted Preston and asked him on a date for that evening. It was a go.

The Jordan Circus was at the Golden Spike Events Center and oh boy was it the hottest thing to do in Ogden on a cold January evening. There were a ton of people (mostly children).

The show was great. There were tigers, elephants, death defying feats, you know, the usual. I must admit that I gasped quite a few times, and I'm sure my arteries gasped quite a few times after eating the traditional circus food. A pretzel, nachos, a Dr. Pepper, a corn dog, and a rock hard churro. YUM. Don't worry, I didn't personally eat all that, we shared. Sorry mom and dad, just pretend I didn't say that.

I took a few photos. Enjoy. (try to ignore the abundance of digital noise, I had to jack the ISO way up because of the low lights).

Taking money from all of us. I think it was 6 bucks to ride a pony, elephant, or camel around in a circle only twice. Pah. I do like this photo though. It just makes me wonder what this lady's life is like behind the scenes. She was did many stunt acts during the show too. I think they should do a reality show of behind the scenes of a traveling circus. Interesting and talented people, and I'm sure lots of drama. Who do I contact to sell my idea to?


I just really love elephants. These were so cute.



 This is what I called the "ball of death." There was not 1 or 2 motorcycles in it, there were 4. Going REALLY fast upside down and sideways. AMAZING.


Loved the trapeze dare devils, they were good!


This girl looks so awkward on this poor little pony. Please get a larger pony, your legs are practically dragging on the floor, dear.

No comments:

Post a Comment