Last weekend before the delightfully long (and still not long enough) Christmas Break was over we met some of our good friends in Salt Lake for an outing. I'm sad to say that these friends live in Ogden... because that results in us not getting to see them very often. Nick and I aren't frequent flyers to Ogden... and Provo isn't always the desired destination spot for most. One of the great things about this couple, is it's the only couple we set up together.... and it's the only couple we set up that actually got married. (Meaning our set up score is 100%. Talk to us if you're in the business). I knew Lisa in high school, but moreso in college in our long drives back and forth to Rexburg (Oh Lis. Good times)... and Nick was mission companions with Preston in Germany for a short time. When Nick and I were dating back in the fall of 2007, we decided to set them up because we knew they both liked horses. (I know, right? Works everytime? Ha. It was a shot in the dark). Our first date together where we set them up, we thought they hated each other. We found out the horse world was a lot bigger than either of us knew.... and that foxtrotter horse people didn't really like arabian horse people... or something like that. I can't quite remember horse names. But we spent the first part of the date at Costa Vida listening to these two friends of ours that we set up, bicker back and forth about the horse world. Nick and I wondered what in the world we had done... until we found out they actually liked each other and then got married. Boo Yeah. Now we just wish we could see the both of them more. A lot more. We met in the middle in Salt Lake and ate a delicious Texas Roadhouse lunch (my favorite). Afterwards we headed to the Gateway mall and to a Planetarium Imax showing.
We watched a perfectly boring movie of how stars were born, and what the names of Jupiter's moons are. As Nick and Preston fell asleep (because they were enjoying it so much).... Lisa and I laughed about how the narrator pronounced the word "birth" in his British accent every few seconds... and giggled like school girls when we heard the word "Uranus".
Basically it was a good time for all. Boys got a free nap. We turned into 2 year olds. Perfect.
An educational and scrumptious day with our two good friends who live far away.

No comments:
Post a Comment