This semester I am taking an intro to printmaking class. I really was not aware of all that printmaking entailed before taking the class but I am falling in love with it. We just recently finished our first prints that were created using a relief method. We took a piece of linoleum, transferred a sketch to it, and then carved out the image with special tools. It pretty much was just a big rubber stamp that we made. Then we inked it up, placed it on the press, put a piece of paper on it, ran it through the press, and there you go! This one was made with two different plates, each with a different color. The paper is green. The high-quality (and expensive!) paper that we get to use in printmaking is wonderful. The texture that the paper and the ink creates is something you just have to experience in person.
I just finished an etching that I did on a copper plate. I will be soaking it in acid for about an hour and then we get to learn how to make a print from that. I'm excited about it, I think it will turn out really nice.

Cool Lisa! What diet is your horse on? She's rather sleek and snazzy looking! (j/k)
ReplyDeleteBeautiful horse. Thanks for sharing all the awesome things you do.
ReplyDelete