Friday, May 17, 2013

Weight loss so far

I'm happy to tell you that I have lost 7.8 lbs in 5 weeks! In my blog post last week I said I had been dieting for 5 weeks but I realized this week that I didn't count correctly. This week is actually week 5. That's over 1.5 lbs a week! My goal was to loose 1 lb a week. I think I am waking my metabolism up after a long winter nap. This last week I didn't do as well as I have done in weeks past but I still lost 1.8 lbs. Hopefully my scale isn't lying, but I feel lighter, my clothes don't fit as snugly and I have more energy. I have been loving my green smoothies and I have been trying to eat bigger breakfast's and smaller dinners. I rarely drink anything other than water and I measure out every single thing I eat. I also recently bought a food scale so I can be more accurate with my portions. I rarely eat out and if I do it is somewhere more healthy like Zupas. I try to eat a lot more fruits and veggies than I did before. I have also switched over to almond milk since it has way fewer calories, and I never eat butter, sour cream, or cream.

Since I have been eating better I have also notice my skin is clearer. I rarely get zits anyway but I haven't gotten one in the past few weeks. I went and worked out last night and I just had so much energy. I burned over 300 calories doing a combination of the treadmill, elliptical trainer, and a stationary bike. 

I'm certainly not eating perfect but my habits are much better than before. I still have a problem with eating too much sugar (it's in everything!) and I do eat quite a few frozen meals like Lean Cuisines which I know are not fresh and the best, but it definitely is better than eating out. I occasionally still eat sweet desserts but I just really watch my portions. If I do go over my calories for the day, I try to go walking after I get home from work.

Just thought I would give everyone an update cause this really hasn't been as terrible as I thought it would be. I hope I can continue down this path until I hit my goal weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment