For the past 4 weeks I have been on a health kick. And by that I mean I have completely changed what I eat and how active I am. I hope the habits I am forming now continue for the rest of my life. I just got sick of being chubby and feeling crappy. My good friend that I work with got me started also. I have also been using 2 apps on my phone that keep my motivation up. One is called MyFitnessPal and the other app is called Moves.
Below is a screenshot of MyFitnessPal. In this app I keep track of all the calories I intake and the calories I burn through exercise. My friend also uses it and it shows each day whether or not we stayed under our calorie goal and how much weight we loose when we weigh in. We can also offer words of encouragement if the other person had a good workout and burned a lot of calories.
This is a screenshot of the Moves app. This app is really simple and cool. It basically just keeps track of the steps you take. That way I can enter the info from Moves (walking, jogging, cycling, etc) into MyFitnessPal to subtract calories. This is my log for yesterday, as you can see I broke my all time record. The 9,408 walking steps and 808 running steps amounted to 4.8 miles total. The app also works on a treadmill too. The only downside to the app is that you have to have it on your body at all times, and it doesn't tell you how many calories you have burned.
To solve that problem, I just recently ordered a FitBit Flex. I am SO EXCITED to get this. The wristband keeps track of all sorts of useful fitness info like calories burned, steps taken, how well you sleep at night, etc. It syncs with an iPhone app and that app can sync with MyFitnessPal. It's the ultimate fitness gadget! It's new too and has tons of great reviews.
I've also been drinking green smoothies. When I first heard about green smoothies, I thought "those look absolutely disgusting. How can spinach actually taste good in a smoothie?" I was totally wrong though. I love green smoothies. They are delicious enough that Preston will even drink them. I crave them. They are so fresh and healthy. I put spinach, avocado, apple, banana, strawberries, pineapple, kiwi, mango, orange, banana, ice cubes, and a little orange juice in them (not all ingredients in one smoothie, I mix it up depending on what I have)
I've also been trying to cook healthier meals and not eat fast food hardly at all. Yay for veggies.
Salmon veggie wrap. I basically make 2 separate meals for dinner. 1 meal for what Preston likes, and 1 meal for what I need to eat in order to be healthy. It's a pain but that was the biggest problems I was having, I would eat what Preston would eat. He rides 10 horses a day, I sit on my bum all day. No wonder I was gaining weight. Dur.
In the past 4 weeks I have had the goal to loose a pound a week.
I have actually lost 6 POUNDS in 4 weeks.
I know 6 pounds isn't a lot but I feel like I understand what it takes to loose weight and I will most likely keep loosing, if I stick to my plan. I feel better and lighter just from loosing 6 lbs. I'd like to loose quite a bit more especially before I go to Hawaii in December :)

Good for you Lisa! I'm impressed. Hawaii huh? That sounds fun.
ReplyDeleteSo, I thought I already commented on this blog post, but it isn't here. Good job! I'm so proud of you. It feels so good, doesn't it? For me, every 10 lbs. is about a clothing size, just fyi. Hawaii would be a great motivation!
ReplyDelete