Last weekend, Preston and I drove to Boise with Dave to haul hay. We first drove to Malad to pick up Dave and then we headed to Boise. Along the way we ran into some CRAZY thick fog. The trip took much longer than it should have because we had to drive so slow. Once we got to Nathan and Nicole's house, we visited for a bit and then went to bed. The next morning the boys took the truck and trailer over to this hay pile and stacked about 7 tons of hay on it.
While the boys were loading the trailer, Nicole took me over to my BFF's house. Yes, that is right. I got to see Bethany! Bethany Watson (O'Brian) used to live kitty corner to me in Idaho Falls. We played every day together. We were inseparable. We did so many crazy fun things together. It was so fun to see her! She is married and has a little boy now. We got to catch up for a while and that was so fun. We realized we haven't seen each other in over 10 YEARS! What? How on earth have we not seen each other in that long? I wish I would have gotten a picture of the two of us!
Once the hay was loaded, we headed back to Malad. And don't worry, there was more fog. Pretty much we could see about 20 ft in front of the truck. It was crazy! By the time we made it back to Malad, it was dark and 14 degrees outside.
Preston laughed at me when I told him I would help them unload the 80-100 lb bales. I basically told him that this wasn't my first rodeo. He said "how about you just hold the light." Bah! Hold the light? Why? I have some serious hay hauling muscles buried deep in my flabby arms. I told him I had gloves and was ready to work. He replied skeptically, "what kind of gloves?" I said, "uhhh leather of course." Then he said in disbelief, "let me see." Once he saw them he asked "where did you get those?" "I brought them dear! Believe it or not but I have experience with this! Now do you believe me?"
And hay haul I did. Till I almost could hay haul no more. I was sweating in 14 degree weather. We all worked hard. Preston and Dave the most. But I did my fair share and I made Preston proud. I thought for sure I wouldn't be able to move the next day because of a sore back but I wasn't even sore at all. My body remembered all those bales I tossed around at Stephen's Fox Trotters.
Mission accomplished.
No comments:
Post a Comment