I'm getting old. I'm now officially a quarter of a century. Not sure how I feel about that. I did have a good birthday today though! Preston woke me up and wished me a happy birthday then offered to pour me a bowl of grape nuts. I thankfully declined that generous offer but luckily he came through later in the day.
My sister-in-law, Tara, called me on my way to work which was fun. When I got to work this lovely bucket of sugar and a happy birthday sign was sitting on my desk. Awe, gotta love Fluid. Then my coworkers took me to lunch to Paradise Cafe where I ate a turkey cranberry sandwich and a bowl of soup. It was delish. Then my brother-in-law, Nathan, called me and sang to me. That was nice of him. Then I even got to leave work a bit early. But then suffered the consequences by being stuck in Friday afternoon traffic. Oh well. At least my lovely sister, Ahren, called me so I could talk to her as I was crawling along.
When I got home I watched Preston ride his last horse and then when we went upstairs to our apartment he told me to go in the bathroom for a bit while he wrapped my present. He got me a Chi hair straightener! Seriously just what I wanted. It is pretty amazing too. I tossed my piece-of-junk old straightener right after.
Then he took me to Texas Roadhouse where I enjoyed prime rib, a salad, and a sweet potato. Some days I feel like I could be a vegetarian but when I think of giving up Texas Roadhouse's prime rib, I change my mind.
I'd say it was a pretty successful day. One day older and (hopefully) wiser too.
No comments:
Post a Comment