Today was one of the best Valentine's I have had in a while. Every year, Valentine's Day is usually when Preston is either on his way to Scottsdale or he is already in Scottsdale. The first year we were married our Valentine's day consisted of Preston and I sleeping in a trailer at the show grounds with.... his parents. Not the most romantic but eh, it was fine. So needless to say, I don't expect too much on Valentine's Day. This year was no different. Preston is in Scottsdale and I am at home. I seriously expected nothing.
A couple of weeks ago I heard an ad for Sheri's Berries and they were advertising chocolate dipped strawberries and I thought, that sounds like a great Valentine's gift. When I got to work, I suggested the idea to all my male co-workers to get their wives on Valentine's Day. A couple of them listened and did indeed get their wives some chocolate covered berries. But I never mentioned this idea to Preston. I did drop a little hint when we were at the grocery store the weekend before he left to go to the show, but he said he had forgotten that I had done that.
So today (Valentine's Day) I was at work and around lunch time I went down stairs to eat lunch with a couple of my coworkers in the "hot box"(a room with a couch, chairs, and a tv with video games). As I sat down to eat I looked over and saw a box that said Shari's Berries on it. I was like "Oh! Who got Shari's Berries!?" My coworker Jim said, "It has your name on it." I responded, "No it doesn't." "Uh, yes it does." So then I went and looked. Sure enough, Preston had ordered me Shari's Berries and had them delivered to Fluid on Valentine's Day. Is he in tune or what??? I was so surprised that I even suspiciously asked Jim if he had gotten them for me. He said, "No I didn't but I seriously thought about ordering you some because you wanted them so bad." Haha oh man Preston did good. Real good. I ate 8 of them in one day. They were seriously delicious. What a cute thoughtful hubby I have. I sure LOVE PRESTON. He is the best Valentine a girl could have.
I secretly felt bad though because all I did for him was make him this lame Valentine and I texted it to him. Haha oh well.

No comments:
Post a Comment