Sunday, July 24, 2011

Recent Happenings

1) Keep on a truckin'. Preston recently received his CDL permit. He had to take a physical and take a 3 part written test. He amazingly passed 2 out of the 3 sections on his first try, he then studied for 15 minutes and took the 3rd part again and passed. He wanted to get it before he and Talmage left for a horse show. Talmage has a full sized semi to pull his 8 horse trailer. So, Preston was able to help out a little with the driving on their way to California.

2) On Friday I went to a Web Design seminar down in Orem. It was really great. There were a bunch of Graphic Designers there so it was a good networking opportunity.

3) Preston is a hero. Last week, a fire started in the brush that is in between the barn and the freeway, and since Preston is Heritage Ranch's official water truck driver, he was the first person contacted after someone noticed the fire. Preston hurried and filled the water truck up at the fire hydrant and then drove over to the fire. The fire dept. was already there but they were still trying to put out a few of the flames and smoke. Preston drove up and asked, "do you need water?" The fire fighters were very grateful. So, Preston drove the giant truck up and down the frontage road, completely drenching the area that was on fire. The fire fighters gave Preston a big thumbs up. What a hero I am married to.

4) I about burnt my poor thumb off my hand today when my straightener slipped out of my hands and I grabbed directly on the hot part. Ouch.

5) Preston will be returning from a show today that was held in San Fransisco, California. The show is called Reining By The Bay. It is an NRHA show and Talmage took a bunch of horses to show. He also let Preston take one of his Half Arabs to the event. Preston said it was a good experience and he learned a lot. He was probably the only one there showing a horse that wasn't a Quarter Horse.

6) Yesterday I went out to eat with my parents at a German restaurant in Salt Lake City. It was SOO good, I could hardly believe it. I love how different it is from American food, but it still tastes delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment