Wednesday, July 6, 2011

GIRLS CAMP

 The long awaited week has finally come and gone. I was called to the position of the girls camp director for the Farr West 8th Ward quite a while ago and the last weekend in June was when we went.
Our camp was a stake camp and it was held at the Heber Valley Camp in Heber, Utah. The facilities were AMAZING. There was a great big enclosed pavilion that we had meetings and ate in, a huge kitchen with a walk in fridge/freezer, cabins with really nice bunk beds for the girls to sleep in, a nice outdoor amphitheater equipped with a sound system, a water/ice machine for the girls to use, a ropes/challenge course, and a lake nearby. It was so beautiful up there. I had a blast.

We only have 12 young women in our ward and they are amazing. No drama, no problems, no homesickness, no whining, no fighting. Just laughter, friendship, love, and tons of fun. I was so impressed with them and so grateful that they made my job so easy.

Our activities included: canoeing on the lake, going on a couple of hikes, doing camp certification, completing the ropes course, eating yummy meals, listening to some great talks/firesides, making a craft, doing skits, and other games and activities.

I of course could talk for a long time about this experience but it’s time to go to bed. I’m just so grateful for such a neat, spiritual experience that I had the opportunity of having. I really gained some valuable friendships through the experience. I just love those girls so much. President Hinckley built the camp so nice because he wanted the campers to focus more on having a spiritual experience than having to worry about camping. We definitely had many spiritual experiences and all the girls bore beautiful testimonies at the end of the week.

I hope you enjoy these pictures and get a sense for the fun we had.
























1 comment:

  1. Lisa,
    I'm so glad you had such an awesome experience. We were praying for you the whole time you were up there. You have such a good attitude-you'll go far in life. The pictures of you are so cute! You look like one of the girls.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete