My friend, Chelsea Simper, called me and asked if I could cover for her (she was shooting the entire event) for Saturday afternoon because she had to go shoot a wedding. Her poor friend that was getting married said her photographer bailed on her 3 days before her wedding. Horrible huh?! So Chelsea said she would for sure shoot the wedding and try to get someone to fill in at the horse show. I'm so glad she thought of me. I have never shot jumping before so it took me a little while to get my positioning and timing down. Luckily this show is pretty low key so it was good for me to learn and not feel too pressured.
The jumps were set really high at first and then slowly lowered throughout the day for the different competing levels. I was there for four and a half hours and I shot about 700 pictures. I was on my feet almost the whole time, moving around so I could get the best possible angle on as many jumps as possible. I must say, I was pretty worn out by the end! I had a lot of fun though and would love to do more of this kind of photography in the future.
I thought this little girl was so cute.
She was probably the youngest there.
She and her pony were great little jumpers!
Here is her tiny little saddle on her pinto pony.














I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteGood job Lisa! That's awesome that you got the opportunity to do that. You're always learning and doing new things...how fun!
ReplyDeleteMom
Your title is officially Miss Coolness! Your photography skills are super. What a great experience.
ReplyDelete