May 7-8 our friends, Nick and Emilie Orton (our matchmakers) came up to Ogden to have a sleepover at the barn. We have been planning and looking forward to this for quite a while now so we were excited. We even bought an air mattress so our guests didn't have to sleep on the floor. Just call us the Kent hotel. I know the thought of an air mattress in our barn apartment is making you all want to come visit us at the next available moment, but please, not all at once.
They got here right after Preston and I watched the Kentucky Derby on Saturday. I then attempted to make homemade pizza but was utterly disgusted when I opened my bag of flour to find some lovely little nasty weevils chowing down on MY flour. What the heck? Well, after close inspection and disgust by Emilie and I, we decided to go to the Pizza Factory. Great choice by the way. It was delicious. My favorite part of the meal were these lovely giant bread twists. Yum.
Luckily Fat Cats was right next to The Pizza Factory, so we got to play some lovely arcade games. They're so fun! Emilie scored big time with tickets on the Frogger game, Preston and I had a fun time playing air hockey, and Preston and Nick did great at this fun game below:
Here we are by the famous Frogger game. Emilie looks dashing but I look positively freakish. I apologize. I guess I was just so excited about the ticket frenzy.
After we had our fill of arcade game fun, we of course payed up for some lovely prizes. Emilie got us all friendship bracelets, I got a cheap little ring, eraser, and squirt gun and Emilie got a bunch of other loot with her loads of tickets.
When we got home we ate some cheesecake and watched a movie late into the night. The next morning we went to church and they got to come with us to our primary class and primary. It was great fun. After church we ate some snacky snacks and they were off.
Today Preston and I are sad because Emilie and Nick boarded a plane to Germany for the WHOLE summer. We are surely going to be Orton deprived. Nick got an internship in Germany through BYU after graduating in Economics. We are very excited for them though and wish them the best. I look forward to reading about their many adventures on Em's bloggy blog.
We love you guys!
No comments:
Post a Comment