This is Hilary, I met her at WSU. She is also an art student but with an emphasis in Photography. We have had many classes, and laughs together. She is also LDS which is awesome.
Hilary LOVES running. At the beginning of the Winter semester she would run everyday while she prepared for a marathon she was going to run this summer. Running made her so happy and I could truly tell it was her most favorite thing in the world to do. Unfortunately, Hilary injured her ankle mid semester. She tried to rest it but it kept bothering her so she went to a couple of doctors and found out she had torn some tendons (which is worse than breaking a bone) and so they put her in a boot for a while and then last week she underwent surgery to repair her tendons. Hence the wheelchair.
I definitely have compassion for people with severe ankle injuries ever since my accident. It is crazy how similar our injuries actually are. She will not be walking for 3 months, about the same recovery time I had. I hope and pray she will recover fully so she can run again. She told me right before they put her under for surgery she told the doctor not to screw it up cause her ankle is her life.
I'm impressed at her toughness and willingness to go do things even though she is in a hard cast and wheelchair. She recently bought a camera so on a sunny day, we went to Salt Lake to camera stalk people. I had a great time, I have few artsy friends so it's great to get together with someone who loves it as much as I do. I hope we do this many more times.
Here are a few of the pictures I took. Enjoy.








No comments:
Post a Comment