Last week we were sustained and set apart as primary teachers in our ward. We were assigned to the 11 and 12 year olds. Today we had the opportunity of teaching the lovely children. There were 4 rambunctious, ADD boys and one precious girl in our class. Right after sacrament meeting we had a hard time finding the classroom we were supposed to teach in. We asked a member of the bishopric who then asked the primary president who then led us down a hall to the most distant classroom from the rest of the church building... We found out why they placed us in such a remote location about 15 minutes into our experience with the 4 sugar-high, energetic, immature boys...
Preston has always said that he isn't good with children. I told him after today that he was no longer allowed to say that because for most of the class time I was looking at him with amazement and admiration. The way he kept those boys under control was not only effective, it was highly amusing.. I wouldn't have known what to do with them if he wouldn't have been there. The kids loved him and we all got a kick out of the things he said.
We both enjoyed being with the kids, it definitely was more exciting than grown-up Sunday school. It's amazing to me how much more mature girls are than boys at that age. We'll see how it goes next time we attempt to "teach" the kids...
In the meantime, I just love Preston.
No comments:
Post a Comment