Sunday, June 15, 2014

Happy Father's Day








Happy Father’s Day to the man who
taught me how to mow the lawn.
loves his country and would do anything to defend it.
took me to the zoo.
taught me how to ride a horse.
always got me un-lost when I was driving somewhere.
taught me how to use tools and build things.
showed me what it meant to work hard.
expected me to be smart and make the right decisions.
stayed up late and ate midnight snacks with me.
hauled mattresses on top of our roof so we could sleep under the stars and have the coolest conversations about space.
tried desperately to teach me math.
fixed things around our house.
always brought me back a toy or souvenir from his business trips.
taught me how to change a tire.
loves my mom and treats her with respect.
is one of the smartest men I know.
eats healthier than anyone I know.
has never stopped studying, learning, and finding answers.
has a deep testimony of the gospel of Jesus Christ and has a sweet sensitivity to the spirit.
went on daddy-daughter dates with me.
took me fishing and constantly untangled my fishing line.
always provided for me, my siblings and my mom.
took me on a nightly cockroach hunt when we lived in Arizona.
is honest and humble.
took me on more adventures than I can remember.
I could always call whenever I needed anything. He always, always helped me.
would read The Black Stallion book series to me each night when I was a kid.
has a great attitude even though he has to learn how to walk again at age 72.
is determined and tough.



1 comment:

  1. Oh, this is so thoughtful! And true! What a wonderful Dad we have. Thanks for putting it to words.

    ReplyDelete