Saturday, May 10, 2014

Happy Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day to the woman who:
changed my diapers.
tirelessly cooked delicious and healthy meals for me each day.
bought me a gerbil and a dog because I love animals.
cleaned bright blue oil-based paint off my arms with lacquer thinner when I was a child (don't ask).
dragged my lazy bum bum out of bed everyday.
consistently taught me on a daily basis about God and how to choose the right.
would never pass up the chance to correct my spelling.
watched me get bucked off a bull while cheering me on.
taught me how to properly punch someone.
called me when it got too late for me to be out with friends (and boys).
taught me long before I was 16 how to drive our turquoise Jeep in a parking lot.
gave me coal for Christmas one year for staying up too late on Christmas Eve.
taught me how to dress modestly through example.
allowed my adventurous and energetic spirit to roam free around my childhood neighborhoods.
trusted me to do what was right.
taught me to love my country and defend my freedoms.
made me stop selling pill bugs to all the neighborhood kids for a dollar a piece when I was 4.
encouraged me in everything I pursued, even to this day.
taught me how to garden and to be self-sufficient.
encouraged me to the point of helping me complete my Young Women Personal Progress goals.
was patient with me beyond belief.
taught me how to be polite, friendly and kind to others (sometimes I forget this).
went to horse shows even though she knew very little about them and was probably bored to tears.
enrolled me in classes that allowed me to develop my talents and skills.
potty-trained me.
regularly sneaked off to Burger King with me when we had a burger craving.
let me fling tennis balls from her hand when she laid down (only she will get this one).
tried very hard to teach me how to cook, even though I never learned.
gave me spanks on the bum when I more than deserved them.
taught me through example how to work hard and "make your trips count."
collaborated with me in creating our own way of saying words (like poo-up).
has endured through many health problems and other life trials.
raised me and my siblings right.
lovingly cares for my daddy every single day.

I LOVE YOU MOM.

3 comments:

  1. Oh, Lis, thanks so much. You children are all bringing tears to my eyes and gratitude to my heart for having the privilege of being chosen to be your mother. Thanks for all the fun and humorous memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was hoping Mom would correct "poo-up". This is a super post Lisa.

    ReplyDelete