Friday, April 11, 2014

Grandpa Kent

The world lost a very special man today. Clarence Kent (Preston's grandpa) passed away this morning at the Malad hospital. He was 92 yrs old.

Preston and I were able to go and see him last night. Although he had pneumonitis and was having a very hard time breathing, he still had a huge smile on his face when we walked in the room and he grabbed my hand and said "Hi Lisa!" His mind was still sharp as a tack. Preston told him a story about him getting bucked off last week and he laughed and chatted with both of us for a while.

When the nurse came in she said "Is it ok if I take your blood pressure and listen to your lungs?" His reply cracked us all up. He said, "Well, you're going to anyway."

Clarence had a strong testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. He was a good father and husband and was a very hard worker from what I've heard. He told me that when he was on his mission, he would memorize a new scripture everyday. Like I said before, he had an incredible mind. He was famous for reciting long poems or stories. Check out the video of him below reciting a couple.



2 comments:

  1. I'm sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful person. It's so comforting to know that we will see one another again someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry for your loss. He sounds like a wonderful person. It's so comforting to know that we will see one another again someday.

    ReplyDelete