Preston and I have gotten new callings in our ward. I have been called to be "The Ward Photographer & Graphic Designer." haha it's kinda made up. Basically the bishop wants me to photograph everyone in the ward and update the ward's online directory with the new pictures. I also take pictures at ward activities, design invitations for ward events, and anything else they want me to design or shoot. The bishop also informed me tonight that I will also be making the ward bulletin every week (a graphic designer's dream calling)!
Preston has been called to be the first counselor in the Elder's Quorum. When the stake president asked us to meet with him, we were nervous. And when we were meeting with him he got so serious right before he asked Preston if he would accept the calling that I thought he was going to call us on a mission to Timbuktu or something crazy like that. Luckily he didn't. Just Elders Quorum. We can handle that. Preston went to his first Elders Quorum meeting tonight. The plus side is that the Elders Quorum president is a really great guy, we like him a lot.
That is so awesome! You will both have a lot of responsibility. One thing I enjoy on our ward bulletins is an uplifting quote or scripture on the front of the bulletin.
ReplyDeleteYou'll both grow in your understanding of the gospel as you humbly search the scriptures, pray and give service in our Heavenly Father's Kingdom--we're so thrilled with your new callings.
Lisa - that is quite the specialized calling. Did you get released from YW? Congrats to you two. Sounds like great opportunities for both of you. I'm sure your ward's invitations are going to rock! I want to see what you do to make a ward bulletin look good. You'll have to post pictures.
ReplyDelete