Tonight was Young Women in Excellence for our ward. I was put in charge of this event this year and it turned out above and beyond what I was expecting because everyone helped so much and did so well in their talks.
I chose the theme "The Fruits of our Labors" and it went along with the scripture Alma 26:31 "Now behold, we can look forth and see the fruits of our labors; and are they few? I say unto you, Nay, they are many..."
Then I had 8 girls speak on the values and they all did such a great job. We had the girls set up their personal progress projects on tables in the room so after the program everyone got to look at everything.
For refreshments we had fruit pizzas (again with all the value colors on them), water with fruit and ice in it, a veggie tray, and a cheese and cracker tray.
The really did almost nothing in preparing for this, I basically just delegated everything and everyone came through so well! I was so pleased. The girls in our ward are really special girls.
The young women leader in our ward who is in charge of personal progress spoke and she did such a FANTASTIC job! She brought a bowl of fruit and related each fruit to a young women value (she even had all the right colors, amazing.)
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteYou are such an awesome LEADER!!! So fun to share in your crazy activities (the baby shower) and other aspects of your life. Thanks for being such an amazing person. We love all of our children and their families so much...we think you are all unbelieveably gifted and talented!!!