I just finished designing and installing a display case at the Utah State Capitol Building. The display case was for the Utah Film Commission. In the display case are movie props from National Treasure, Forrest Gump, Pirates of the Caribbean, Mission Impossible II, and The Sandlot.
This project took a lot of time and planning. I designed all the placards, the timeline, and the "Filmed in Utah" sign. I also had to figure out how to display each prop, how to hang the sign, and a ton of other details. I had to research which movie posters to put on the movie timeline and also make sure the copy was correct on the placards. This was a really fun project and definitely something that stretched my design abilities. After I was all done installing, the lady at the capitol building was like "so do you design a lot of cases?" I was like "uhhh. This is my first one. But I am a designer, so I am used to designing and thinking through a lot of different projects." She emailed these pictures today and said that this display case is definitely going to be one of the more popular ones. When the 4 guys came to put the glass back over the display it was funny because they couldn't stop looking and commenting on the timeline. It's pretty cool to see how many big movies were filmed in Utah.
We have 1 more display case to design and install in about 3 weeks. It is bigger and it will have more props, a tv, and movie stills in it. Cool stuff!
Awesomely cool, Lisa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDelete