Anyway, the reason why I am talking about it is because the producer & director of the film decided to make a 10 yr anniversary rerelease of the film and the advertising company I work for got the account. So for the past couple of months we have worked on designing the website, web ads, facebook contests, VIP tickets, billboards, movie posters, etc for the rerelease of the film. It will be in theaters in Utah in August and it will be out on DVD in December.
Recently they put on a "night with the stars" benefit gala at a school for troubled youth called West Ridge Academy. West Ridge Academy and Charly have teamed up because they both believe people can "have a change of heart" just like Charly did in the film.
Fluid bought a table at the benefit dinner (the tickets were $100 a plate!) and they needed to fill the table so Preston and I went.
I thought it was going to be pretty lame but was pleasantly surprised. It turned out to be quite the event. As we walked from our car to the school, we were escorted by one of the students and then we walked on the red carpet while the "paparazzi" took pictures of us.
The dinner was in the school's gym where they put giant movie banners all over and the tables were decorated to the max.
Heather Beers and Jeremy Elliot (the stars of the movie Charly) were also there and we got to meet them and get our picture with them.
Jack Weyland was there to receive an award. Him and his wife are currently in the MTC preparing to go on a mission so they had to get special permission to leave for the evening so he could go and get the award.
Shawn Bradley was also there. Shawn was an NBA player for about 10 yrs. He was also in the movie Space Jam. He is 7'6" tall - pretty much a giant. He is one of the tallest NBA players of all time. I got to meet him and stand in line with him while waiting to meet "Charly." He is a super cool guy and so freakishly tall I just couldn't stop staring. He has to duck under doors. We talked with a good friend of his and she said he has a custom built house with doorways that are 9' tall. Oh and we saw his wife there which she is only 5' nothing. She's super cute.
They served us a steak dinner which was darn near the best steak I have ever had. All in all it was a pretty fun and memorable night!








No comments:
Post a Comment