Friday, December 2, 2011

A Rather Blustery Day

If you were in Northern Utah yesterday, you experienced some incredibly powerful winds. I'm talking 50-100 MPH winds. Classes were canceled at Weber State University because of wind, not snow. Check out this video clip that was taken on WSU's campus:



So funny.

I got up yesterday morning, got ready for work, went outside to get in my car and it was just a little breezy. I was thinking "those weather people, they always overreact." Then I started driving to work and the closer I got, the more the wind blew. I was only going 35 MPH in one area and a wind gust made me grab the wheel with both hands.

At work when I got out of my car I was dodging big chunks of the roof that was flying off our building. We couldn't keep our door at Buzz unlocked because it would just fly open. There was also a downed power line next to our building and the power went out (which also included the internet). So I was only able to stay long enough before my battery about died on my laptop before I had to call it quits and go home. All over Northern Utah things were blowing all over the place. Trees fell over, semis blew over, signs and banners were destroyed or blew away, and I am sure the insurance companies were crying.

It was a crazy day! But I survived!

1 comment:

  1. That made me laugh. Then I felt bad for laughing at someone's mishap, but then I laughed again. Pretty funny.

    ReplyDelete