Things are going well in the Kent house these days. We're both staying really busy with our various activities. Preston is currently preparing to leave for the US National Arabian Horse Show in Tulsa, OK on Tuesday. He will be showing Noble Iceman in the Futurity. He's going with his brother and sister in law. Preston will be showing Friday the 22nd, and Tuesday the 26th at 8:00 AM. It will be broadcast via internet. If you're interested, let me know and I'll send you the link.
As for me, I am constantly trying to juggle school, my internship, work at the animal hospital, and being a wife. School is going well for me. I'm about halfway into the semester now so that's good. After this semester I hopefully will only have 4 semesters left! I feel like I am doing pretty well in my typography class, it's my favorite class this semester. The teacher is half deaf and have crazy but funny as can be. He has had over 30 years of real world experience as a graphic designer. He has owned his own firm and also done a lot of freelance work. Drawing class: not so good. I certainly have improved my skills but let's just say, I will never be an illustrator. My 3D design class and I have a love/hate relationship. Right now we are doing an interesting project. The students in that class all had to go and buy a Halloween mask (I bought one that looks like the Joker from Batman) and we will be using additive and subtractive techniques to transform the mask into a completely different look. My reference is the sculpture of David by Michelangelo. I've had to do a little plastic surgery on the mask along with putting its hair in curlers for the night and also spray painting it. It certainly doesn't resemble the Joker anymore. I made Preston hold the head while I applied glue and water in it's hair and then the curlers. Poor Preston. I also really enjoy my color theory class. Right now we are creating a mosaic out of pictures in Photoshop. I'll post it when I finish.
My internship is challenging but certainly worth it. Lately I have been doing some designing but I have mostly been learning about Joomla, HTML and CSS code, and other web based information. There is so much to learn in the graphic design field that it sometimes can be overwhelming. Baby steps. Baby steps. Baby steps.
I recently got called to be the Girls Camp Director for our ward. I'm so excited. When the bishop extended the calling to me I literally laughed out loud because I thought he was joking. When I noticed that he wasn't laughing like I was, I asked "are you serious?" The first counselor then said, "we usually don't see a response to a new calling like that..." Heavens, it was only a little while ago when I was a 4th year girl saran-wrapping my leaders into their camper trailer, toilet papering the bishopric's truck and then making all the 1st year girls clean it up. Yikes. I hope they know what they are in for. Girls Camp next year will be a stake camp at the new and very nice facility in Heber City. It will be fun!
Lisa,
ReplyDeleteThanks for the update on the Kent family. You'll be great as camp director--everyone will love you! Remember that your darling sister, Ahren might be a good resource for you as you make plans for the camp.
Mom
Loved redaing all about your busy life. You are amazing people.
ReplyDeleteGood luck to Preston in OK.
You'll be an fantastic camp director. You must be "growing up" because I always like reading under the camp manual definition of camp director: "A spiritually mature woman is called and set apart by the appropriate priesthood leader to serve as camp director." I guess no more toilet papering for you this time. =0) How many YW do you have in your ward?