Wednesday, April 14, 2010

End of Semester

As the semester comes to a close, I reflect on the things that I have learned. It has been an interesting experience going to school at Weber State University instead of BYU-Idaho. Overall the different perspective has been good, however it has also made me realize how beneficial the companionship of the spirit is in education. My professors at Weber were very knowledgeable and talented, but definitely caught up in the ways of the world. Prayer before class was powerful at BYU-I.

I was grateful for the experience to be around people that do not think the same way I do. It made me revaluate what I really thought was right and wrong, acceptable and not acceptable and it also made me realize that most everyone does mostly good things even though they may like or participate in activities that do not conform with gospel principles. The Lord loves everyone, we should too. That doesn't mean that we have to just smile and nod when an evil idea or practice is going on, we need to speak up - I need to speak up. I truly admire those that are good at debating, educating, and explaining their beliefs in an articulate way.

Here are two of my main projects that I did. In my 2D Design class I decided to do my final design project as a logo for Preston.



In my Orientation to Visual Studies class I had to replicate a master's painting using pencil on a very large (30" X 22.5") piece of paper. This project was incredibly intimidating especially because I can't draw. I was amazed to find out that I was able to complete this project and it turned out half-way recognizable to the original. Below is the original painting by Caravaggio titled "The Conversion of Saint Paul."



Here's my drawing:

No comments:

Post a Comment